Here’s your chance to participate in Pahunch, the first-of-its-kind reality TV game show in Nepal! Win an opportunity to wow the world with your abilities, learn more about the Nepali Police, and become a role model.
We are accepting nationwide applications until December, 2016 via this site. Do not apply if you cannot take time off work or school to film the show!
Please refer to our Facebook page for updates and to the FAQ section below for additional information on the application process.
The ideal Pahunch contestant has a sense of humor and is eloquent, can perform physically demanding/athletic tasks, has a commitment to social issues and is politically aware, has camera presence and a charismatic personality, and should be able to share stories/personal experiences about the Nepali police.
We welcome applications from all Nepali citizens regardless of gender, ethnicity, political alignment, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, existing disabilities, etc. We can only accept applications from individuals aged 19 or above.
To apply, follow the link and fill out the form .
|Apply Here (EN)||Apply Here (NEP)|
Potential candidates will be contacted by the Pahunch Casting Team. Please do not contact Search for Common Ground.
Contact the Pahunch Casting Team
To contact Pahunch Casting Team please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submitted an application, the team will be in contact with you in case additional information is required. Due to volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to reply to all applicants individually, so we will not be able to respond to inquiries about your status as an applicant.
We will not be able to reply to all your technical problems. If the site is busy it might take a long time to upload, so please be patient and keep trying. Please check out the FAQ and Video Instructions below for more information. You might also want to try a different browser. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact an IT professional to assist you.
Pahunch Casting Team
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age requirement?
Applications must be 19 and above by the start of filming for Pahunch Season 2 (March 2017).
Do I need to be a Nepali citizen to apply?
Yes. All applicants must be Nepali citizens with a valid citizenship card, passport, or driver license. This is purely for reasons of verification.
When will I find out if I made it to the next round of casting?
We are casting now for Pahunch until December 2016. If you have been selected for the next round of casting, you will hear back from the casting team then.
Will I be contacted regardless of whether or not I make it to the next round?
Due to the large amount of submissions, we will not be able to contact each person individually.
When will you film the upcoming season?
The filming month for Pahunch Season 2 is March, 2017.
Can I re-apply for all upcoming seasons if I am not selected?
I am not able to upload my video, are there any special requirements to do so?
Please ensure your video is smaller than 30MB and in one of the following file formats: mpg, mpeg, flv, avi, mp4, mov, 3gp, wmv, mv4.
Please note: By submitting your video, you agree to exclusively assign all rights to Search for Common Ground Nepal, a division of Common Ground Productions and/or Mila Productions.
What makes a great video?
- Introduce yourself (name, age, where you are from, where you are studying/what you do for a living) and describe your personality. What do your friends say about you?
- Talk about Pahunch! Why would you be an ideal contestant? What skills do you have that would make you a potential winner? Why is it important for you to participate in the show?
- If you come from a unique region or area of Nepal, talk about where you’re from, how it’s part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on Pahunch.
- If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you on Pahunch.
- Share any experiences/stories you might have related to the Nepali Police and how Pahunch could help you change your perspective around them.
- If shooting indoors, make sure the room is well-lit and that the light is in front of you .
- Avoid shooting with a window or bright sunlight behind you; this will cause silhouetting.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video, so that ambient noises won’t interfere.
- If you’re indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned by other people and surrounding noises.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy. The wind will distort the sound.
- Your video will be shown on a TV. Please shoot HORIZONTALLY and not in portrait (vertical) mode.
Size and Format
- Please ensure your video is smaller than 30MB and in one of the following file formats: mpg, mpeg, flv, avi, mp4, mov, 3gp, wmv, mv4.