Search for Common Ground is pleased to announce the 2017 members of its Board of Directors, as of January 1st, 2017. Overseen by incoming Chair Adam Berrey, 21 members from 5 countries will lead the organization’s launch of a recently approved 10-year strategic plan.
First-term Board members include:
- Naomi Davis, CEO, Drumhouse (Surrey) Limited
- Abigail Disney, Series Producer at Fork Films, Philanthropist and Activist
- John Esposito, Founding Director, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, Georgetown University
- Jeremy Goldberg, President, LeagueApps
- Laurie Michaels, Founder, Open Road Alliance
- Robert Reynolds, Investment Banker (ret.)
- Elizabeth Riker, Senior Partner, New Profit Innovation Fund
- Suhail Rizvi, Founder and Chairman, Rizvi Traverse Management
- Alexandros Spachis, Ambassador (ret.) European External Action Service
- Ingrid Stange, Founder and Chair, Partnership for Change and Social Innovation Fund
A full list of Board members can be seen at this link.
Search is also pleased to announce the appointment of Her Majesty Queen Noor Al-Hussein of Jordan as Chair of the President’s Leadership Council (PLC). The PLC serves in an advisory capacity to the President and Board, with members representing key areas of focus for Search, in both the public and private sector.
“Search for Common Ground continues to attract the most dedicated leaders to support its mission of transforming the way the world deals with conflict. These new appointments reflect the depth and global reach of the organization, and ensure its sound management into the future,” said retiring Chairman Gary DiBianco.
Search for Common Ground, the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding organization, is an international non-profit operating in 36 countries across Africa, Asia, and the MENA region. Search’s mission is to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches toward cooperative solutions.